Saturday, March 24, 2012

Weird Retelling

Okay, so first off, none of the original ideas are my own and I give 100% of the rights and credit to whoever they go to, and second, I have a point to this and it's a fun story so just go with it.

Thesis: Every story has 2 sides

In this retelling, I am going to prove my thesis so I hope you guys enjoy it. (Moogle Kid: Thanks for the picture!)




Prologue

You’ve all heard the story of the girl with the glass shoe and her horrible step family, right? You’ve heard about how she got lucky and met this magical fairy and came to the ball, grabbed the prince, and lived happily ever after, right? Well, no one’s heard my story and I think I have the right to tell it! After all, in the story you all know so well, I don’t even have a name! I was there and I deserve to tell you how I came to meet the beautiful Cinderella.



Chapter One

It started off as any other day. I was working out in the royal gym, sweat running down my unadornedarms and face. My father, the King, walks in and starts ranting on about mom. Now, Mom’s been dead for about 10 years and we try not to talk about her so I was really confused as to why he was just ranting on about her. He was getting red in the face from talking too much without breathing that I finally just asked him to get to the point.

“You want me to get to the point boy! Fine, I’ll get to the point! You’re 18 and, as such, you will be taking over the kingdom sooner than you think. You need a wife boy!”

“First off, dad, I’m 19 in two weeks, secondly, I don’t want to be taking over the kingdom any time soon, and thirdly, I think that I should be the one to decide when I am going to marry. After all, you and mom got to choose. I only want what you guys had.”

“Yeah, well…. What have you done to start picking an eligible bride? NOTHING!!!!! So we are going to be having a ball tonight and you will be attending, my boy! Whether it kills you to come, I care NOT!” My father stormed out of the room.

“But dad, what if I don’t find her?” I whispered. I then was dragged off to my room, thrown into a bath, quickly dried, and thrown into my most uncomfortable navy blue suit ever. I was now expected to go down to the ball, but I had another idea in mind…



Chapter Two

I ran outside to see the guest come out of their carriages. They were all dressed up in these wacky ball gowns. They were all either way too fanned out or super weird, except Cinderella’s. When I saw Cinderella, I asked myself, ‘why would someone who came in that beautiful gown seem so lost?’ So I ran up to her and escorted her inside. Of course, once I got inside, I was pulled away from her in a flash by none other than my father.

“Boy!” he yelled. “You’re supposed to be dancing with them, not escorting them inside. What do I think I pay those boys out there for?”

“Dad, I was actually going to dance with that girl. Now I have to go and find her again. Thanks a lot.”

“Oh, of course you were. I knew it all along. I just….um… a yes. I just needed to fix your collar. There you go.”

“Thanks…. I guess.” I ran to go and find that girl again, but she was already gone.



Chapter Three

There was only a shoe. A shoe! For crying out loud, she could have given me her phone number! Do you know how HARD it is to find a girl with just a shoe? And I’m supposed to be GRATEFUL that she even left me anything at all? Yeah right.

Anyways, I must have really liked this girl because I went all over the kingdom to try and find her. I searched high and low, in and out of all the houses in every town, in every part of my kingdom. Let me tell you how long it took. It took almost an entire YEAR to even get to the right town!

I knocked on each house, each building, demanding to be let in to find the girl that would fit the shoe. This glass shoe was what all those young maidens had to squeeze their feet into. (It really was a small shoe.) They squeezed and pushed, but none of them could fit the shoe. I finally was so desperate that I went to the house on top of the highest hill in the entire kingdom that was falling into pieces. I knocked on the falling, paint falling off, icky, dross door.

This old lady answered the door. I swear her skin was falling off. She had so many bags under her eyes, I almost died. She was so gross that I swear a little bit a vomit came up my throat. Anyways, gross old lady aside, I was the perfect gentleman. I commanded her to let me in and to let me see every young lady in the house. She led me into what I suppose was the living room. (I insisted to Cinderella that I saw maggots on the couch, but she refuses to believe that I am telling the truth.)

I gracefully declined her offer and stood in the middle of the room, waiting for her to bring the young ladies to me. When she came back, I was met with the sight of what I believe to be the ugliest females to walk the earth. The two of them were exact opposites of each other. One was tall; the other extremely short and it when on and on like that.

The lady that answered the door introduced them as her two daughters, Drizella and Anastasia. I had them try on the glass shoe, but, to be honest, I didn’t want their grubby feet anywhere near that shoe. Of course they giggled and gaggled as every other young lady had done, but their feet did not fit the shoe. (And wasn’t I grateful!) I asked the lady if there were any other ladies in this house because she kept on looking behind her as she expected someone to come in at any time. She reluctantly said yes there was and brought the young lady out. When I saw her, my breath left my lungs. She was gorgeous.

Her long blonde hair framed her face in a gorgeous halo. Her face had just a hint of shoot rubbed in around her fair cheek bones. I knew that she had to be the girl. (Of course, if it wasn’t her, I don’t know where that girl from the ball was. She was basically the last ditch effort for me.) I got down on one knee in front of the chair she had sat down upon. I reached up and gently took off her shoe. I then very slowly slid the glass shoe onto her foot. I didn’t realize I was holding my breath until it came out is a long breath of relief when the shoe fit. I then proposed right there and we were married in about 2 weeks later.

Anyways, I was very grateful it was her that fit the shoe. She is a gorgeous human being and I am so happy she is all mine. Now, we are living happily ever after. (Ugh, how cheesy that sounds.)



The End






2 comments: