So I just had some free time and decided to say "Hi!" to all you guys that still read this blog. I also wanted to make this blog a blog of quotes as I love quotes so here it goes! Hope you enjoy!
These are in no particular order, they are all so good. (And, in case you couldn't tell, Dr. Seuss is the best quote guy ever!)
Inspirational
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches - “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey - “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde - “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein - “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go! - “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
― Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You! - “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
― Dr. Seuss - “Only you can control your future.”
― Dr. Seuss - “Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.”
― Dr. Seuss - “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
― George Bernard Shaw - “Don't dare to be different, dare to be yourself - if that doesn't make you different then something is wrong.”
― Laura Baker - “Sometimes it's the toughest moments that you learn the most about yourself, and the more you know yourself, the less you are willing to give away.”
― Jennifer Love Hewitt - “You get as many chances as you want; as many as you dare to make for yourself.”
― Edward Bloor, Taken
- “How did it get so late so soon?”
― Dr. Seuss - “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
― Mark Twain - “You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”
― Bill Watterson - “I never put off till tomorrow what I can possibly do - the day after.”
― Oscar Wilde - “When faced with two equally tough choices, most people choose the third choice: to not choose.
”
― Jarod Kintz, This Book Title is Invisible - “Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow. I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will--tomorrow”
― Gloria Pitzer
Friendship
- “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
― Dr. Seuss - “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis - “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves - “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.”
― C.S. Lewis
Book Quotes that I love
- “Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew - “It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - “Things never happen the same way twice.”
― C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia - “Unhappy memories are persistent. They're specific, and it's the details that refuse to leave us alone. Though a happy memory may stay with you just as long as one that makes you miserable, what you remember softens over time. What you recall is simply that you were happy, not necessarily the individual moments that brought about your joy.
But the memory of something painful does just the opposite. It retains its original shape, all bony fingers and pointy elbows. Every time it returns, you get a quick poke in the eye or jab in the stomach. The memory of being unhappy has the power to hurt us long after the fact. We feel the injury anew each and every time we think of it.”
― Cameron Dokey, Belle: A Retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" - “Love so joyfully and freely given can never be taken away. It is never truly gone.”
― Cameron Dokey, Before Midnight: A Retelling of "Cinderella" - 50 people liked it
“Over and over, we start our own tales, compose our own stories, whether our lives are short or long. Until at last all our beginnings come down to just one end, and the tale of who we are is done.”
― Cameron Dokey, Before Midnight: A Retelling of "Cinderella" - “Did you know that wasn’t me, the other Max?” I asked.
“Yeah.”
“When?”
“Right away.”
“How?” I persisted. “We look identical. She even had identical scars and scratches. She was wearing my clothes. How could you tell us apart?”
He turned to me and grinned, making my world brighter. “She offered to cook breakfast.”
― James Patterson, School's Out—Forever - “What happened to your tan?"--Fang
"It was dirt." --Max”
― James Patterson, The Final Warning
Yep there you go. I hope you liked them!
No comments:
Post a Comment