Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Know What To Write About

Don't you hate it when you have to write something and then you can't figure out what to write? I know I do. You're told to write 500 words a week and then everything you do just doesn't sound right so then you don't know what to do. How are you supposed to pick a topic out of nothing and everything at the same time? It's hard enough just to write the 500 words without having to pick what you are going to write about!

When picking a topic, what do you pick? You could pick anything from the blue sky to that guy you have a crush on that is in your 8th period. You could talk about all his faults then back him up with all the stuff he did to get your heart like writing you poems or giving you chocolate. You could talk about that weird birthday card you got from your Great Aunt Sally that had your age as 40 when you know you are nowhere close to that. You could talk about your favorite anime show and how it's annoying when the next episode isn't out or how your favorite characters aren't getting together when you know they are perfect for each other and the ones they have them paired with are just unimportant to the story.

Then you have the word count. Who knew how hard it could be to write 500 words? I mean when you think about it you probably talk more than 500 words in 5 minutes, but when it comes to typing, the mind just goes blank on what to say. (Well I guess it would be type, but whatever.) 500 words is a lot more when you have to type it than when you are talking. Teachers probably talk over 1000 words per lesson! Wow. They must get tired of them hearing themselves talk. I never did get why teachers always asked you to talk instead of them. Now I get it. It usually happens at the end of the day too. Anyhow, back to the point. Who can come up with something cool to say for 500 words that will keep people hooked? I guess movie stars, actors, singers, and the president must be able to since everyone seems to follow what they say.

Sweet! I am almost at 500 words now! Yes! Only a hundred words left or somewhere around there. As I come to a close of my first ever 500 word blog, I hope I haven't bored anyone out of their minds. If so, I am terribly sorry and will try harder next time not to do it again. It is just kind of hard to write for 500 words without boring someone out of their minds especially when you don't have an amazing topic to write on. You can relate so much more to someone if you have lived that experience too or if their topic is something you enjoy or if it is something that interests you too. Whoops, now I am over 500 words. I guess it wasn't that hard to write as I thought it was going to be.

Anyway, Good bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment