Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guess What! It's Another Random Story!

This is going to be just like the title says. It's just another random story I felt like writing.


I flew down the steep hill that divided the grove in two. The shadow had been following me for some time now. It was coming closer and closer and was reaching its hand up to put its fingers over my shoulder. I didn't want this to happen especially today. All I wanted was to read the letter stuffed securely in my pants pocket. I wanted to see if it was from the Browns about me cleaning their house. You see, the Browns hired me to clean their home for them while they were in India and I was hoping the letter would have detailed cleaning instructions. The Brownses’ home is a two story colonial that would make Thomas Jefferson wish he lived there. The Browns’ son Jess, who was left home to finish his schooling, wasn't that great at keeping things clean. Not to mention of course, that the children’s room upstairs was especially hard to keep clean since it was full of all the toys one could imagine. 'Ah Jess. Yours is a family to be envied. I don't even have a family.' *sigh* 'Oh well. It's been ten years. I should be used to it by now. I just can't believe how quickly my beloved parents were taken from me.' My family met the Browns way back when I was five years old and ours was a friendship that blossomed like a well-watered garden. That is until the tragedy struck. I remember long summers spent with the Brownses, my family, and occasionally with the Joneses, a family that sometimes hung out with us.  Our three families’ joint vacations had previously been the time of my life. Now it’s just me, and well you know, things change.


I wasn't paying attention as I walked, distracted by thoughts of my family, and I bumped into someone hard enough that I almost fell down. "Oh I am so sorry!" I said quickly, as that someone grasped hold of my arm helping me to gain my balance back. I looked up and saw it was Jess’s strong arm supporting mine. "It's okay," he replied. "You only bumped me. Hey Amelia, isn't this land beautiful. I am so glad it's ours. Well, I mean my family's land and your family's land." This was a touchy subject for me. Since my parents ‘death I haven’t really felt like I belonged anywhere. I didn’t want to sound depressed so I tried to change the subject.  "Yeah, hey, you want to come with me to Alexis's house for dinner with Abby, Sam, Rachel, and John?" I asked Jess. "Sure I would love to come to Alexis's house, if you come with me to Greg's house for his birthday tomorrow." I wasn’t sure I wanted to go since Greg‘s three sisters’ boyfriends inevitably always showed up and they gave me the creeps.  I shrugged and said, "Okay. It's a deal. Let's go."


While we were walking to Alexis's house, a group of men surrounded us. I noticed that the men's suits all matched and they wore ear pieces. I got scared and grabbed Jess's arm. "It's okay Amelia," he whispered to me. "They won't hurt us." "Are you sure?" "Positive, they can't touch us while you are here with me." "Okay. Just don't start running without me, okay?" Josh laughs. "Okay I promise."
----End of Story (Well you know only for now.)------

No comments:

Post a Comment