So I was reading my friend's blog and guess what! She wrote about me and my friends and our epic adventures/awesome inside jokes. This was so funny that I just had to tell you guys to go and read it. Here it is http://fantasy6713.blogspot.com/2011/10/sometimes-you-just-gotta-be-there.html
Because Moogle Kid did this, I am now going to do one on our Burton Days.
- "Amacagzigzagzincs"
- For you who didn't go to Burton, this means amazing.
- "Oh no it's B. E.'s jacket!"
- For your guy’s information, he hadn't washed this jacket in like 3 months. (I don’t really know this; it’s just what we all guessed.) (This isn’t supposed to sound mean. It was actually really funny.) It smelled gross. He would also toss it into our hair or just generally at us. It was gross, but we had so much fun with it too.
- "Go Orange! We're the best!"
- 1st of all, nothing rhymes with orange, so this was the hardest team color to come up with a cheer for. (Thanks again Moogle Kid for putting up with that lame cheer. + 10 coolness points to you. (If you don't know what coolness points are, well then you need to look at the URL at the top.))
- 2nd, this was for Olympics and I was Captain so yes I came up with the cheer.
- Big Chimes
- You think that Solo chimes would be the harder one, since only the best can get in there, but no it's not. Big Chimes was made up of 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, a total of about 100 students with only 5 teachers to make sure we would behave. Needless to say, Moogle Kid and Zenna and Gikber were monitored every time we practiced. :)
- Solo Chimes
- Since I was on the topic, I thought I would tell you about having 16 guys and 4 girls in a Solo Chimes group. It didn't work out that well since we were, well still are, nerds.
- Setting up tables
- Can you say "ouch?" (By the way, don't drop a table on your toe, it hurts.)
- Dancing
- Oh my goodness. Do I even need to go into this one? It was hysterical watching those 3 certain guys dance. They really went all the way out.
- The Waltz
- 1st off, it's bad enough to have to dance the waltz on a regular basics, but when it's at your DARE Graduation and with a guy shorter than you, well, let's just say it didn't go that well.
- Specific Sports for each grade
- 3rd grade was freeze tag on the hill.
- 4th grade was all about tamagotchis (This started because Moogle Kid’s mom put a tamagotchi in her lunch box.) Also, tetherball was the other thing.
- 5th was 4-square.
- 6th was playground and basketball and occasionally soccer.
- (Do you remember these Ankur? They were so much fun. Especially since I didn’t know how to throw the basketball.)
- What else, oh yes Krypto
- What was the deal with that? Zenna, that was so not cool with making me do it with the really fast kids. I wasn't that good.
Well, that's the end of what I can remember right now, but Moogle Kid, if you want to add more, feel free.
Anyway, as you can tell (or maybe not) we had a fun time in our Burton Days.
Putting up with the cheer? Haha, more like cringing everytime.. After I memorized the freakishly long thing, anyway...
ReplyDeleteTch. Big chimes=disaster. :)
Hey, but at least Solo Chimes sounded... decent... compared to.. you know...
Ugh. Dancing. *shudder*. Stupid "choose partner" thing.
Waltz=FML. You didn't have MY partner, at least.
Haha basketball... oh dear... :)You and your shooting....
I know. I can do any sport that has you use your feet, but when it involves hand-eye cordination, nope.
ReplyDelete