Who am I?
Is this person that my friends see the real me?
Is the person I see in the mirror the true me?
Is this person I am around my parents the right me?
Or am I a combination of all three?
Who am I?
Is the person tucked away on the shelf the original copy and to be blamed?
Or, as I have grown into the roles I must play, has the original been changed?
Have my feelings and thoughts been rearranged
As I have grown into the who’s I am today?
Who am I?
The friend who or the family who
The school who or the home who
The nice who or the mean who
The loud who or the quiet who
The smart who or the dumb who
The cool who or the lame who
Who am I?
Who decided which me I was going to be?
When did the changing start?
Was it little by little or big by big?
Was it by my own influence or someone else’s?
When did I notice the changes in myself?
Who am I?
Which self is my true self?
Is it the person my friends see laughing?
Or is it the person they convince me to be
That is so cold and sometimes mean?
Is it the girl who is content
With being mediocre with the rest?
Or is it the girl who stands up tall
And isn’t afraid to fall?
Is it the girl that is scared of everything?
Or the girl who tries so hard, is she me?
Is it the girl who gives up her life to trying to fix other people’s problems before her own?
Or is it the girl who never takes any risks because her heart has been torn?
Who am I? I ask again
Will the person I am now be the same person in the end?
How can I finish without knowing the start?
Or the real meanings of the heart?
Who am I?
Who am I to tell you all
Which you is the true you after all?
I did not create all the you’s inside of you
YOU did so you should know which one is the true you
Who am I?
These people we are, that are not our true selves
Are dreams, and belong on some shelves
We command the armies within
Fight back! I say, they cannot win
We are the conquerors born in this age
To bring our own light to the surface in our own way
So I give to you and to me
A challenge that is not complete
Until you challenge and conquer every one
Of the selves you have on your shelf and become the real one
Be proud of who you are
You are a bright star
Who am I?
This is your battle field
Make it your victory
You decide all on your own
What the outcome is going to be
You have the power
Stand tall and be true
Yours is a person to be perfected not neglected
Who am I?
Well, that is a great question
I am a person who is loved by the people most important in my life and that’s the only person I want to be
No comments:
Post a Comment