Sunday, May 20, 2012

Playing The Cello At A Concert When You're Tired

"The cello is such a melancholy instrument, such an isolated, miserable instrument." ~ Ritchie Blackmore

"The cello is the most perfect instrument aside from the human voice." ~ Zuill Bailey

So this week we had an orchestra concert and it was very fun. I met up with a lot of my friends and we had a blast. It was a very exciting night. We took pictures and played our songs. It was a very emotional night as it was our last concert together. I will never be with those same people, playing those same songs in that same place ever again.

Have you ever noticed how each moment of your life is so special that it will NEVER come again? Once it is gone, it is gone.

We need to take advantage of each and every moment we are lucky enough to have. As I am writing this, I am reflecting on this year and my whole life. I'm asking myself, what moments have I missed, what didn't I do that I was supposed to do? Who did I miss out meeting and becoming friends with because of the choices I made?

As I think of these questions, I realize that I have done a lot of other things and that I have helped a lot of people along the way. I feel as though I did okay. I probably could have done better and helped many more people out, but, overall, I think I did okay. I had some bumps along the road, but I have had an amazing experience.

Anyways, to get rid of that depressing note, look at this kid!!! His cello is so small!!

Isn't he so cute???

The cello is an amazing instrument. All the band kids say that the orchestra is lame, but the cello isn't lame. The sound you get from your cello, or any string instrument, when played right, is breath taking. There isn't a word to describe it. I could ponder how to explain this to you guys, but I couldn't even if I had ten thousand years. The cello is like a way for me show my soul to the world. It allows me to express what I cannot find the words to say. I go to play my cello when I am upset with the world or when I am confused.

I do the same thing with the piano. When I play the piano, the world just seems to become right. When your hands are on the keys, it feels as though you're in charge and that you can do anything. Life is complete it that one moment, the moment of pure tranquility. Do you guys get this amazing beautiful experience when you guys do something you absolutely love? Do you guys comprehend this feeling of infinite peace?

To end this blog post, I would just like to say thank you. Thank you to all the people who have read this and who have contributed to this endeavor. Thank you Mr. T for allowing us the opportunity to experience what we have this year. Thank you, everyone, for the time you allowed me to have to humor you for this entire year. Thank you.

So long guys... Thanks for the adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment