Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Closer To The End

“He nods, as if to acknowledge that endings are almost always a little sad, even when there is something to look forward to on the other side.”
― Emily Griffin, Love the One You're With


As we come to beginning of the end of this school year, I begin to wonder what these last couple of weeks of school will be like. What will happen? Who will I never see again? Who will I become closer too? Who will still be friends with me in 20 years? Who will have moved away? What experiences will I remember the most? Who will I lose? What will I lose as this comes to an end? What am I willing to lose? What am I done with?

Well I know for sure that I am totally done with the homework. I am done with packets galore and the nights that I stay up way late because I am such a procrastinator. I am done with the drama, the times I feel like just giving up, and the times I feel so dumb because I forgot to do that one horrible assignment. (Don't we all!)

I am ready for freedom and to focus on high school and reconnecting with friends. I am ready just to relax and not have to worry about due dates for a couple of months.

I am NOT ready for the CRT'S that come with the end of school. I am not ready for the bittersweet last day of school where I will defiantly have to be wearing water proof mascara and I will defiantly have to bring tissues that don't rub. (What is up with school tissues being so HARD? This is the future generation's noses for crying out loud!)

Anyways, with the end of school approaching, I started to realize and remember all the fun I have had. I have gone through many tough times, but I have gained the greatest friends through those trials. I defiantly have made mistakes, some big and some little, but in the end, those who really care about me have stuck with me. I realize all the friends that I have made this year and the people I will totally miss next year has increased dramatically because of these new friendships. I don't know what I would have done this year without all these wonderful people who go to my school and those select people who don't. So I just want to take this time right now to say thank you. Thank you all for staying with me and for being my friend. I appreciate all the little things you do even if I don't show it. I appreciate the people who were there when I was crying and needed someones shoulder to cry on. I am so thankful for you guys who are okay with my total weirdness. I thank you for helping me all these years.

Moogle Kid, a special shout-out to you. Thanks for making me laugh and for being there for all these years. I really appreciate it. You are the best friend anyone could ask for even for all the times you laugh at me. :D

Anyways, as it is way late, I'll be going now. See you guys next week!


1 comment:

  1. o.O Linkin Park album cover on your post? xD That's the "Waiting for the end" thing. Haha, and, you can probably imagine what I'm about to say: Make less friends and miss less people! :D
    *nods* I hope you don't mean a literal shoulder to cry on, because that would be more like the top of my head, at my height.. xD
    Random note, super dramatic music came on while I was reading this. Just thought I'd let you know...

    ReplyDelete