These are quotes from Artemis Fowl and Harry Potter. The rights of the quotes go to the respecting people. I don't own them.
Artemis Fowl
- "I despise you, Artemis Fowl. You bothersome human. How I loathe you." Not words one expects to hear from one's mother. ~Artemis Fowl 6..
- .highly amused to overhear several audience members gushing over the unorthodox direction of the opera's final scene. The exploding lamp was doubtless a metaphor for Norma's own falling star. But no, argued a second. The lamp was obviously a modernistic interpretation of the burning stake that Norma was about to face. Or perhaps, thought Artemis... the lamp was simply an exploding lamp. ~Artemis Fowl 5
- Ludicrous, he thought. This entire affair. A dead boy escaping on an extinct animal. ~Artemis fowl 6
- Remember, he told himself. What he had done now never had to be done, so it wasn't done. Except of course, he had done it. Time quandaries such as these should be forgotten for the sake of sanity. ~Artemis fowl 5
- "... Speak to me. Your finger. Is it ok?" Holly wiggled her fingers, then curled them into a fist. "I think so", she said, and whacked Artemis right between the eyes. ~ AF2
- He closed his eyes and remembered a few lines from Alice in Wonderland. "But I don't want to go among mad people". "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here". He looked around. We're all mad here, too.~AF6
- After all we have been through. Or maybe because of it. A memory smashed the delicate moment like a rock thrown through a spider web. I lied to her. ~AF6
- They had crossed space and time together, weathered rebellions, and tangled with demented despots. Coughed blood, lost digits, inhaled dwarf fumes, and swapped eyeballs, yet they found holding hands awkward. ~AF6
- Why? How many times must I save the world from this lunatic? ~AF6
- I'm supposed to be a criminal mastermind... Where did it all go wrong? ~AF?
- "So which is he? A genius or crazy?" "What's the difference?" ~AF
- "I see..." He lied. "Literally or Metaphorically?" ~AF
- "I see..." they said simultaneously. Another lie for the list.
- He blinked. Universal sign language for "What?" ~AF?
- "I must say, you make a very convincing obnoxious teenager". "Thank you Butler, I try". ~AF4
- He left her there to die. Which she did. ~AF5
- "Simple, my foot." ~AF?
Harry Potter
- "Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here."
- "I.. I didn't think..."he mumbled. "That, is obvious."
- "... I would like to say a few words. And here they are" Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"
- "What happened... is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows."
- "After all... death is but the next great adventure."
- "Aha", he said vaguely. "We've won." And then he fainted.
- You know what?... If he doesn't stop trying to save your life, he's going to kill you.
- Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backward.
- It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- I assure you that if you die, you need not hand [the homework] in.
- I don't go looking for trouble, trouble usually finds me.
No comments:
Post a Comment