So I know a lot of the people I am following already have done this topic, but I wanted to do it too because of some information I got today. So I am going to do it for my follower's safety. So you guys should READ THIS!!!!!!!!! (At least the highlighted part.)
Today, my Bishop warned us that another wind storm is going to happen tonight roughly at about 8 o'clock tonight so get outside and tie down anything that could fly away because it is going to.
Anyway, so today I had Sacrament Meeting, just Sacrament Meeting. Our Area Authorities canceled all our meetings and we only had one hour church today. That was so sad, but the reason we had our church was canceled was because of this storm. Our Area Authorities wanted to give all the Latter Day Saints time to go and take care of everything we didn't do yesterday and the day before that and the day before that. So we had our Fast and Testimony Meeting as planed since it is the first Sunday of the month. The Bishop said that a lot of people in our Stake didn't have power and that we were lucky to have power. I feel so sorry for those without power. I hope your situation gets better.
Anyways, after Sacrament Meeting, all of our ward got on their grub clothes and we all went down to my neighbor's yard and these people lost 15 trees. (You can actually see the damage from our junior high school.) We all pitched in and cleaned it all up in 2 hours. More hands do make the work go faster! Then we all went up the street and helped anyone that needed it. It was so much fun! I love service! It was an amazing experience!
Well, to Thursday. I went to school even though my family didn't want me to go, but I had homework to turn in so I had to go. So I was almost late to class because our garage wouldn't go up since the power was out. When I got to our junior high, I ran to the Seminary Building only to be told by my friend, let's call her Piano Master, that we were all to meet in our gym so I run there only to be told to go back to the Seminary Building. So I walk with my friend, let's call him Big Reader, to our Seminary class and we get stuck there. This was okay though since we had our lesson and everything even without power. We were not in the school though so we didn't hear the announcement that you could go home if your parent came and checked you out. When we got this message, (through a girl's phone she wasn't even supposed to have with her) most of the kids in my Seminary Class went home. When everyone had left, only 10 of us were left. When one mom came to get her boy, she said something like "This is where you want to be in a storm. It is so peaceful in here compared to outside." When she said this, I realized that a calm and assurance had covered our classroom. We had the Holy Ghost with us. Because we stayed and sacrificed the time we could be spending safe with our families, we were blessed. We were safe from all the turmoil outside. We were safe from the flying sheet metal that was attacking our Seminary Building. We were safe from the tree that fell that was right next to our Seminary Building. We were protected and calmed. It was such a spiritual day. It increased my testimony of our Heavenly Father so much. I will never forget this experience. I think Heavenly Father wanted this happen so we would remember that He will protect us and that He is there no matter what.
Anyways, that's what happened to me so good luck to all of you guys and don't forget to tie down anything that could fly away! Stay safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment