Saturday, December 31, 2011

Random Story Part 4

"I think I could do that." Peter replied.

So with that conversation over and done, Peter went to St. Peter’s School for Boys and I was left with lessons with my mother for the next two years until I too was old enough for finishing school. Peter wrote to me every day that first week, but slowly, the messages got shorter and shorter and came less frequently until they stopped coming at all. At first I thought they just got lost on the way to my house, but after overhearing Peter's mother, Lady Suibne, say to my mother, Lady Mary Alcott, that Peter wrote her concerning my welfare, I knew that the letters were not lost. He had not even sent them and so, whenever he came home for the holidays, I treated him like I always used to do when we were little, but I dropped all contact with him when the school year started up again. I guess he thought I just didn't have the time to write or forgot about it because on March 13th he sent me a birthday card that said, "Dear Rowena,
Today I congratulate you as it is your 11th birthday and will soon be getting ready to go to finishing school. When you go, I would very much appreciate if you would write to me as often as you can. I have very much enjoyed the conversation we have had and have missed them as you haven't replied to any of my letters as of late. (If you haven't received them, then I understand the reason that you haven't written to me.)

Now, to get to the point of this letter, I just wanted to wish you the best birthday ever.

From your best friend,
Peter Suibne"

Right after I read this, I took out paper and a pen and ink and wrote him a reply. This pattern continued all through the years until it was the summer of my 16th year.

"Rowena," Peter said. "I don't think that I will be able to write to you anymore. I am 18 now and I will be traveling most of the time for my business. I don't think that I will have any time to write."

"Haha, you're so funny. You will write to me or I'll beat you at the obstacle course at the tournament tomorrow." I started climbing down the hill that we were on that we in between our lands. Peter followed me down.
"You mean the Founders Day Tournament?" He asked.
"The very same. Everyone in our village will be there. It's the perfect place for me to publicly humiliate you."
When I reached level ground, Peter grabbed my arm and said, "Oh yeah Rowena? I think it's time for you to learn a lesson in public humiliation yourself!" Peter grabbed my waist and hoisted me over his shoulder.
"Peter!!!!!" I yelled. "Put me down NOW!"
"Not until you admit that I am better than you!" He yelled back in return. He was running towards the pond that was near our lands.
"Peter stop! Someone will see us!"
"All the better for you if someone does! It doesn't matter to me what people think."
"Peter, please! I do not want to get wet!"
"Oh, but you are going to have to my lady!" With that said, he ran straight into the lake with me on his back. We went under the water for about 30 seconds. When we came up my white dress was sticking to me and I was furious.
"Peter! You are such a child!" I started to storm out of the pond, but Peter grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him until we were chest to chest in the warm summer water. He took his right hand that had my arm and wrapped it around my waist and stared at me while his left hand stroked my face.
"Oh Rowena," He whispered. "You captivate my every thought. I can't bear the thought that your first kiss will belong to another."
"If you don't want another to have it," I whispered quietly while looking deeply into his eyes. "Why don't you take it?"

And that's all for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment