So here is my Letters to Literature thingy I wrote.
December 14th, 2011
Dear Tony Abbott,
Your “magic is working” wonders. I love your series The Secrets of Droon. I have grown up with this series and, to this day, it is still my favorite series. I still remember when I first read your book The Hidden Stairs and the Magic Carpet. This book opened the doors of reading to me. I love this series so much. This is the series I went to when I was having troubles or was feeling down. I would read about Eric and Neal and Julie and Keeah and of all their adventures and I imagined being part of the story. I would transport myself to Droon through the pages of your books.
Droon has always been a safe haven for me. It has always been there. When I was having a hard time and didn’t know what to do, I would think “What would Galen say to Eric if he were in the same situation?” Having this safe haven to go to when everything was wrong and wasn’t working out is such a blessing. I can’t thank you enough for writing this series. You have no idea how these books have helped me.
One of my favorite books in The Secrets of Droon series is the first one, The Hidden Stairs and the Magic Carpet. This is one of my favorite books because of the friendship that is forged so quickly between Eric and Keeah. I think why I like this so much is because I want to know that friendship doesn’t have to be formed from a big event, but it can be formed from the littlest things. This knowledge has helped me so much. My friendships have been saved by the examples of Eric’s friendships.
This series means so much to me. I am now reading it to my little brother. I want him to experience what I experienced and I also want him to know that there are places you can escape to.. You do not always have to be stuck in reality. There are ways out. I want him to know, like I know from reading these books, that there are places where they are happy endings. Also, I want him to love reading too. Reading is my life. Whenever I can read, I do. I love reading. When I read, I put myself in other roles and I can do anything. I love putting myself into your books because it is so different from our world. I feel like I can get away from all the craziness of this world. That is the greatest feeling ever.
Being a part of this legacy that this book has created is very humbling. Being a part of something bigger is amazing. It is nice to know that someone out there cares for you and gives you places to escape to. I want to thank you for writing. Your writings are what make my life easier. Reading your books feels like you are talking just to me and having that feeling that your favorite author is talking to you and cares enough about you to continue on making these beautiful books is amazing. Having a book like this where you can apply yourself to the story even though it is in an alternate universe is an awesome thing to have.
Your books helped me get a feeling of how to break down a book and notice the fore shadowing and all the little things that writing has in it. Reading these books at such a young age also helps me write better. Having someone’s writing to base my writings off of is such a blessing because you can compare it to someone who actually has been where you are right now.
Thank you so much for everything you have written and for all the special moments I got from your books.
No comments:
Post a Comment