So I am reading this book called The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum. This book is one of the best books I have ever read. I love reading and I have read almost every genre except this one. I love reading my scriptures, but for me, it was a new story. I already knew the plot because of the teachings I received when I was little from my parents.
Anyways, back to the book. In this book, the main character is a girl named Kathy Colton. Kathy is not a Latter Day Saint, but the boy she tutors is LDS. Her parents are against her tutoring Jason (the boy) because they believe that all Latter Day Saints want to do is convert people because of the ads they have seen and because of all the negativity against us Latter Day Saints. When I read this, it brought this thought to my mind: Do people really think that? Does it really seem to them that all we want is to convert them to our gospel? I have friends that aren't LDS and I would like them to become part of my church, but I am not mean or act differently around them since they aren't LDS. It doesn't matter to me what religion they are. Sure, it is cool to find out that they are LDS, but it's also really cool to have them say they are Catholic or any other religion. What people don't realize though is that we, Latter Day Saints, just want you to know the joy we know. It is the best feeling in the world to know that you are loved by your Heavenly Father who knows each of us by name and to know of the Plan of Happiness.
This book is my favorite book I have ever read. It will make you cry though, so be prepared. There is a lot of drama and the illness in this book is very sad. I wish that all of you will read this book even if you are not a Latter Day Saint; this is the best book you will ever read.
No comments:
Post a Comment