“I miss the days when summer vacation was about relaxing and hanging out with friends. Now it’s all about working and squeezing your friends in when you can.” — UnknownWho doesn't miss those days of freedom? I do and they aren't technically over yet... I still have a couple of hours :D
Summer.. I can almost taste it. The ultimate freedom that summer brings. We have 2 months left of school and I'm already done with it. How can I go on?!? No more math, no more science, no more English, no more Spanish! Just go easy on me! I want to go to the beach or backpack in the dessert or just lay outside in the green grass and read or look at the clouds. (Have you guys realized how GREEN the grass looks? I didn't realize that I missed color that much until I saw my green grass.)
My Spanish teacher, Mrs. Color guard Rules, would call this "Spring
Fever." She has been warning of this "Spring Fever" for the past
couple of weeks. She said that we weren't allowed to have "Spring
Fever" until after the break, so now I have "Spring Fever" and
she can't get mad at me because I have it after the break.So, to my question for this post: Do kids study better because Summer is bearing down on us and is right around the corner or do kids do worse because they start to slack off and not care? My thesis or opinion is that it is a little of both. You have kids that do better because Summer is nearing and kids that do worse because of Summer. I am the latter kind of person. I start to slack off, but I also try to do all of what I am asked. It just seems to me that everything is piling up now. Clubs are finishing up and you have to have the "end of year" assembly all planned and it just seems that everything is being sped up while all I want is to have it slow down.
I have to admit that I am grateful that it is the end of another year, but I am also not because that means I will have to leave all my younger friends and friends in general for an entire Summer or for the next year or for the rest of my life. Friendships are going to be put to the test and I don't want to lose any of my friends. They are such amazing people. (Refer to last week's post)
Another part that I don't like about this "end of the year" wrap-up is that it seems as though you don't have any time left to do all the things you want to do or need to do or have to do. The homework piles up, the teachers get "Spring Fever" too, the students are restless, the temperatures sky rocket, and all you can concentrate on are the things that I just mentioned. The freedom and the emptiness of Summer is always just hovering above our heads and our life in general.
I don't know about you guys, but I am so ready for Summer. Even though I know it is going to be hard to put thoughts of Summer out of my head, I am going to do it. End of Level test and the big year tests are what I am going to focus on, if I can.
See you guys next week! I hope you guys had a great Spring Break!
No comments:
Post a Comment