Okay so for this week I am adding on a variation of the story I wrote a while ago. It has the same beginning, it's middle is what changed. I haven't wrote the end yet so be patient, but here is a variation of the Random Story that I wrote awhile ago.
Thesis: There are 2 sides to every story. There can also be different variations of those same stories.
I never wanted to be this...creature. I never needed or wanted to have this life placed on me. Having all these choices made for me before I was born wasn't my choice. They chose this life for me, if it could be called that, before they even knew me. Now my fate is sealed. I have no choice. This path is the one I must follow. There is no chance of escaping my destiny now.
My parents decided to call me Winifred Rowena Alcott as I was their 7th child and they couldn't come up with anything suitable for young ladies. No, they gave those names to my 3 older sisters. Their names were Eleanor, Ruth, and Lydia. Oh such wondrous names full with endless possibilities! While I, the youngest was stuck with Winifred. My bigger brothers Aaron, Edmund, and Nicholas always teased me with my name. They called me Winnie and Freda, but the worst was when they called me by my middle name, Rowena. Oh! How I hated that name with its "R" that brought forth so much trouble.
(This is where the story changes.)
My job on our small farm, that was part of the Suibne’s land, was to gather herbs that grew near an old willow tree. It is here that I met the Suibne’s heir, Peter Suibne. Oh, how tall and gorgeous he is. I swear every girl in the village loves every part of him, but especially his windblown brown hair and his dazzling green eyes.
I met
Peter in a very uncommonly know way. I was bending over a gigantic root to pick
a new patch of mushrooms that I just found that were growing on the side of a
chasm 40 feet deep. He had jumped off his horse a little ways away when he
heard my exclamations. I was yelling at the mushrooms for not being taller and
at myself for being such a midget. I was leaning over and over until I felt
myself falling. I started screaming as my billowing skirts went over my head. I
reached out trying to grab onto anything that would stop me from falling to my
death. I luckily grabbed an ancient tree root and clutched at it for dear life.
I thought I was going to die there until I saw a young man looking down at me.
I was
very embarrassed that he was looking at me because a) my clothes were covered
in dirt and grime, b) I
have never met him before and, therefore, he had no right to look at me as
though he knew me from somewhere, and c) I wasn’t comfortable having a stranger
just look at me.I scoffed at his plainness. “Do I look like I am alright?”
“Ugh, I am sorry that I said that. I should have realized that you
weren’t okay.”
“Yeah you should have.”
“Do you need any assistance?”
I took
a deep breath in and calmed my temper down. (My mother always said that I had a
fiery red temper that would never be tamed.) “Considering I am dangling from an
ancient tree root over a 40 foot chasm, I would say yes.”
“Do not move my lady. I will be right back with some rope.”
“Great,” I said to myself. “I’m getting saved by a perfect idiot.
Great.”
I hope you guys enjoyed it! See you next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment