Sunday, April 22, 2012

♥ Things Will Work Out So Keep Trying Mom ♥

So my quote and my picture are combined today because 1) I like how the quote looks in the picture and 2) because I just really like this quote. Gordon B. Hinckley was one of my favorite prophets. He was a great man. He dedicated his life to helping others find their own ways throughout this worlds many trials.

When I think of all that the many people in my life have done for me, I am over whelmed by their capacity to care. I am reminded of the song "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban while thinking of all these special people. You all really do raise me up. I couldn't had gotten through all that I have gone through without them.

As Mother's Day is quickly approaching, I would hope that each of us really appreciate the women in our lives and all the service they give us. Sister Hinckley said that mothers need to “be a Mother who is committed to loving her children into standing on higher ground than the environment surrounding them. Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth.”
―Marjorie Pay Hinckley.

I think that all of us don't realize what our mothers do for us. They are the ones that take us to all of our activities and our parties, our school functions and our religious meetings. They are the ones who have to basically give up their entire lives to help us with our own lives. I challenge all of us to give our mothers a little break. Help her with the dishes or clean the house without her telling you to. Help her in whatever way you can; I know she will appreciate it.

Mothers are the things that keep the house and the world from collapsing. Where do you think all those important people would be without their mothers? Nowhere. Abraham Lincoln said that "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."

Here are some quotes that famous people have said about their mothers and just some random quotes too.

· No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. ~Harry Truman

· All I am I owe to my mother. - George Washington

· A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. - Irish proverb

· A mother understands what a child does not say. - Jewish proverb

· When it comes to love, Mom's the word. - Unknown

· A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled - Emily Dickinson


Mothers are the most amazing creations ever. They are the ones that comfort when no one else can, they are the ones that hold you in just that way that makes you feel as though nothing bad can happen while you are in her arms. I love my mother. I hope all of you tell your mother how much you love them. They are a blessing to have. Don't forget that and tell them that you love them before it is too late to.

Mothers are the people that give everything without getting anything back. Mothers are the ones that care so much about you that when you are hurting and they cannot make it better, they cry with you maybe even harder than you are crying because they just can’t stand see you get hurt. Mothers are the ones that just understand what you are trying to say when you can’t form the words. They are the ones that just get it no matter what the “it” is. They want to protect you and are there when you need someone to stay up with you throughout all of the sicknesses and pains and heartaches. They care. Who else would give their lives willingly for you if not first your mother?

Go and tell your mom you love her. I can’t tell you how much she will love hearing you say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment